Smile Theatre is the grateful recipient of an Employment and Social Development Canada 2016 Student Summer Job Grant!
We are now hiring 4 Students to help develop our new “Smile Serenades” Program for seniors in Long Term Care.
Submit: resume (include vocal range) and cover letter to Tom Carson, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be eligible for Student Summer Job program, information here.
Number of Positions Available: 4 Dates: June 6 – July 31, 2016
Job Title: Performer / Facilitator, Smile Serenades Program
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Smile Theatre General Manager, the Performer/ Facilitators of the Smile Serenades Program will:
- Assist in information gathering, material generation and concept building of the Smile Serenades Program
- Assist in resource preparation for the Smile Serenades program, including administrative procedures and production materials
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the Smile Serenades Program
- Assist in choosing musical theatre material of interest and impact to an audience of seniors in Long Term Care
- Rehearse the musical theatre program
- Present the program to seniors in Long Term Care throughout the GTA
- Document the results
- Prepare a final report
– Ability to sing and read music
– Research skills
– Computer literate
– Compassionate, self-motivated, enthusiastic
– Musical theatre performance
– Work with seniors and/or children
– Community arts and/or recreation program development
Career or Study Applications:
Theatre Performance, Theatre Studies, Music Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology
Salary: $14 / hour, 30 hours/week, 8 weeks.